Sumary of New plan to lure back overseas students:
- Federal Education Minister Alan Tudge said the strategy would help to make the sector more sustainable.
- “We want to see our international student market flourish again, but we have to ensure that the Australian student experience is also prioritised,” Mr Tudge said.
- Mr Tudge said he wanted to grow the number of opportunities to learn offshore, with the figure currently sitting at 20 per cent of students.
- Tourism Minister Dan Tehan said Australian universities would be promoted in new countries.
- “International education is our biggest services export earner and Australia is known globally for providing world-class education,” Mr Tehan said.
- “The Morrison government will promote Australia’s education sector to new and existing markets to increase its global reputation as a provider of top quality education.