Sumary of New Westminster police renew vaccine plea as 5 officers isolate after COVID-19 exposure:
- New Westminster police chief wants to know why his officers haven’t been vaccinated after five officers were forced to enter isolation following an on-the-job COVID-19 exposure..
- Chief David Jansen said the officers were exposed while arresting a man who later was revealed to be COVID-positive on Thursday..
- aims to immunize all first responders, teachers and child-care workers by mid-May “But it just highlighted yet again the frustrations that I am feeling, that the officers are feeling, and I’m not here to speak for the teachers and the firefighters in the city, but I think they’re feeling equally frustrated because they’re in the same position.”.
- British Columbia is vaccinating front-line workers outside of its age-based vaccine program, with first responders, educators and child-care workers at the top of the priority list..
- Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said about 15 per cent of vaccine supply was going to those groups in recent weeks….