Sumary of No plans for new COVID-19 restrictions before Christmas as infections rise in Costa Blanca and Valencia areas of Spain:
- NEW COVID-19 health restrictions in the Valencian Community have been ruled out by regional president, Ximo Puig, at least for the time being.
- Speaking this Monday to regional broadcaster, A Punt, Puig said that he had ‘no plans’ to make changes to current COVID-19 measures before Christmas.
- The important barometer of hospital admissions is hovering around 200 people.
- Puig wants that number to get even higher and has suggested using the EU COVID-19 certificate to gain entry to ‘some places’ to encourage a further uptake.
- ”Puig gave no indication of where the certificate could be used but presumably that could be in areas that attract younger unvaccinated people like nightclubs.