Sumary of Not required debate on vaccine superiority:
- Around this time last year, people all around the world were anxiously waiting for the Covid-19 vaccine.
- The media was flooded with anticipatory news, updating us about the vaccines undergoing clinical trials in different countries, so much so that we all became clinical trial experts — well oriented about the stages of vaccine research.
- We would discuss which vaccine would be available first and so on so forth.
- Not one or two, but more than half a dozen Covid-19 vaccines are now available in the world and more are in the pipeline.
- The vaccine scenario has transformed and so has the challenge.
- The challenge now is to ensure equal rights to vaccine for all global citizens.
- Rich and powerful countries have not only ensured more than enough vaccines for their people, they are also using jabs to expand their global influence.
- We started early and, despite a hiccup, have been doing well, considering we are one of the handful of countries in the world to embark on mass Covid-19 inoculation programmes without domestic vaccine production.