Sumary of NSW recorded 124 new virus cases, marking the highest daily infection rate during latest outbreak:
- Gladys Berejiklian said 48 of the new cases were active in the community for their entire infectious period – also the largest figure since the beginning of the latest cluster.
- Camera IconNSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian revealed the latest figures.
- NCA NewsWire/Joel Carrett Credit: News Corp Australia“It’s really, really important to continue those high rates of testing because, as Dr (Kerry) Chant said earlier this week and towards the end of last week, it’s really important for us to scoop up all the possible cases that are out there.
- The NSW Premier also noted health authorities were discovering cases while testing workers from the Fairfield area.
- NCA Newswire /Gaye Gerard Credit: News Corp AustraliaMs Berejiklian said “spill over” from the Fairfield area is being experienced in the Canterbury-Bankstown and Cumberland LGAs.