Sumary of NSW records 1405 new virus cases:
- Premier Gladys Berejiklian confirmed five deaths had been recorded in the state in the same 24-hour reporting period.
- Chief health officer Kerry Chant said authorities continued to be concerned about Cumberland, Canterbury-Bankstown and Liverpool local government areas.
- “A callout to the communities in those areas – you may not have perceived yourself at risk, but please get tested if you have the most minimal of symptoms,” Dr Chant said.
- “ … If it’s in the unvaccinated population, that’s when NSW Health will give us advice to ease back and perhaps require people to go out, eat out locally as opposed to having the freedom to move around the state.
- ”Dr Chant said at “a certain point”, case numbers would decline.