Sumary of NSW records another 110 new cases with 43 infectious in the community:
- NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said almost 84,000 people came forward for testing in the latest 24 hour reporting period, the biggest day for testing since the pandemic began.
- Ms Berejiklian warned residents not to leave their homes unless absolutely necessary, even if they do not have symptoms.
- NCA Newswire /Gaye Gerard Credit: News Corp AustraliaThe source of infection for 56 cases is under investigation.
- Ms Berejiklian was asked why 43 people were infectious in the community and whether those people actually understood what the consequences of their actions were.
- She was also probed about whether achieving the outlined target of zero infectious cases in the community before lockdown lifts was actually possible within weeks, but the Premier failed to answer.
- ”Camera IconNSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian announced the new case numbers.
- NCA NewsWire/Joel Carrett Credit: News Corp AustraliaNSW Health said there had been 1528 local cases since the first case was reported on June 16 – a limousine driver who transported airport crew.