Sumary of NSW records no local cases of COVID-19, but seven infections found in quarantine:
- NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian warned revellers they would need a booking at a hospitality venue to gain access to the city on December 31..
- Health authorities in NSW confirmed there were no locally acquired coronavirus infections found in the 24 hours to 8.00pm yesterday..
- Ms Berejiklian cautioned that without a prior booking at a pub, restaurant or bar, revellers should not enter Sydney’s CBD on New Year’s Eve..
- Ms Berejiklian also revealed the 9.00pm family friendly fireworks had been cancelled, and that the midnight display would last only “a couple of minutes”..
- Meanwhile, seven new cases of COVID-19 were reported in returned travellers in hotel quarantine yesterday, Ms Berejiklian said it was “not a bad effort for a weekend”…