Sumary of NT remote community COVID test results due:
- Authorities are expected to reveal if the Northern Territory’s latest COVID-19 outbreak has spread through a remote Indigenous community.
- They’re due on Wednesday with Chief Minister Michael Gunner expected to address media at 11.30am local time.
- The woman is the sister of federal Senator Malarndirri McCarthy.
- Senator McCarthy on Wednesday said she had spoken to some of her cousins in Katherine and they were all double vaccinated.
- But more needed to be done to counter negative attitudes towards getting the jab, the senator added, pointing to messaging in First Nations languages.
- Overcrowded housing and low vaccination rates trouble many Indigenous communities across the NT, with reports some homes in Robinson River have 20 occupants.
- “It’s been a concern in all our remote communities,” Mr Gunner said.