Sumary of Ohio State Fair to be closed to the public this summer:
- COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The 2021 Ohio State Fair will not be open to the general public this summer due to public health concerns, officials said Thursday..
- Instead, the Ohio Expositions Commission, which runs the annual event, announced the fair will focus this year on agricultural and educational competitions for exhibitors and their families and friends..
- “While we are hopeful that we will soon be on the other side of this pandemic, the reality is that cases of COVID-19 remain high, and we just don’t know how things will look in July,”.
- The commission outlined concerns for public health and the financial perils of hosting a fair under current COVID-19 safety protocols..
- “Although vaccination rates are improving significantly each day, Ohio continues to fight the battle against COVID-19,”…