Sumary of Only Half Of Americans Say They Will Vaccinate Their Children Against Covid-19 As Soon As They’re Eligible:
- Topline Only half of Americans intend on getting their children immunized against Covid-19 as soon as vaccines become available, according to a new Axios/Ipsos survey published Tuesday, another potential barrier towards expanding vaccine access ahead of schools returning in fall..
- [+] first authorized getty Key Facts 48% of parents surveyed in April said they are not likely to have their children vaccinated against Covid-19 when the shots first become available..
- The figure contrasts with growing adult acceptance of the vaccines, which has grown from around 38% in September and October to nearly 70% today..
- Vaccine hesitancy remains a problem, however, and polls throughout 2021 show that one in five Americans consistently say they are unlikely to get vaccinated..
- The Axios poll found Republicans (31%) and those with a high school education or less (28%) to be most resistant to vaccines..
- A vaccine for this age group would help cut the risk of illness, limit transmission from children and better contain outbreaks….