Sumary of Ontarians celebrate reopening with patio visits, shopping trips:
- TORONTO — Ontario stores and restaurants were teeming with customers Friday as the province lifted some of its COVID-19 restrictions for the first time in months..
- Patios that have sat empty since last year were filled with diners and lively conversation once more and stores had lines snaking down the street as customers rushed to buy goods they’ve had to purchase online or do without..
- The return of dining out and many retailers stem from Ontario latest COVID-19 measures, which now allow up to four people per restaurant table or entire households to eat together on outdoor patios..
- She kicked off reopening with a shopping trip to Giant Tiger before heading with her family to the nearby Symposium Cafe, where she had made reservations as soon as she learned patio dining would be permitted..
- The restaurant small patio appeared to be at capacity with diners sitting under brightly coloured umbrellas and at spaced out tables around 11 a.m….