Sumary of Ontario developing plan for ‘fair and equitable’ COVID-19 vaccine distribution:
- Amid promising news regarding the development of a coronavirus vaccine, Ontario health minister says the province is working to create a “fair and equitable”.
- Pfizer said Monday that an early peek at the data on its coronavirus vaccine suggests the shots may be 90 per cent effective at preventing COVID-19, putting the company on track to apply for approval in the U.S..
- “It is absolutely wonderful news that this looks like a vaccine that going to be very effective will be available soon,”.
- “We do have a group within the Ministry of Health that is making arrangements for when a vaccine is available for distribution, determining who the first group of people who will be receiving the vaccine, and so on..
- Experts have cautioned that while the news from Pfizer is positive, there are still a lot of unknowns and it doesn’t necessarily mean wide distribution is fast-approaching..
- Canada has also signed deals with several other companies that are currently working to find an effective vaccine..
- UK PM Boris Johnson discusses Pfizer vaccine, says to ‘wait and see’ Elliott said there will be “many challenges”…