Sumary of Ontario government reports 857 new COVID-19 cases, 8 deaths:
- The Ontario government is reporting 857 new cases of COVID-19 and eight more deaths linked to the virus.
- Saturday’s case count is slightly higher than Friday’s, which saw 848 new infections reported.
- Provincial officials noted eight people died on Friday and through a review of data it was learned seven others died more than a month ago.
- The total number of people dead is now 9,605. Ontario has administered thousands of 3rd COVID-19 vaccine doses to the immunocompromised According to the latest provincial data report, 170 new cases were recorded in Toronto, 100 in Peel Region, 77 in York Region, 73 in Ottawa, 55 in Hamilton, 50 in Windsor-Essex and 33 in Simcoe-Muskoka.
- Story continues below It was also reported 756 cases were deemed resolved on Friday.
- There are currently 183 patients in general hospital wards due to COVID-19 and 180 people are in intensive care units.