Sumary of Ontario reports 185 COVID-19 cases, 7 deaths:
- Ontario is reporting 185 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, bringing the provincial total to 548,794. According to Thursday’s report, 22 in Grey Bruce, 17 in Hamilton, 18 in Toronto, 11 in Durham and York Region and 13 in Peel Region and Waterloo Region.
- All other local public health units reported 10 or fewer new cases in the provincial report.
- ‘Vaccine certificates’ may speed up reopening, incentivize vaccination: Ontario science table As of 8 p.
- on Wednesday, more than 18.6 million total COVID-19 vaccine doses were administered.
- That marked an increase of 125,166 vaccines (17,928 for a first shot and 107,238 for a second shot) in the last day.
- Story continues below There are more than 7.9 million people fully immunized with two doses which is 65.5 per cent of the adult (18+) population.
- Meanwhile, 538,124 Ontario residents were reported to have recovered from COVID-19, which is just over 98 per cent of known cases.
- A total of 16,412,137 tests have been completed since the start of the pandemic.