Sumary of Ontario reports 784 new COVID-19 cases, 6 deaths:
- Ontario is reporting 784 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday, bringing the provincial total to 574,619. Of the 784 new cases recorded, the data showed 475 were unvaccinated people, 66 were partially vaccinated people, 182 were fully vaccinated people and for 61 people the vaccination status was unknown.
- All other local public health units reported 45 or fewer new cases in the provincial report.
- The death toll in the province has risen to 9,611 as six new deaths were reported.
- However, the ministry of health said two of the deaths occurred more than a month ago and were reported due to a data cleanup.
- Story continues below Numerous ridings in GTA see significant drop in polling stations for upcoming election Ontario reported 289 people in general hospital wards with COVID-19 with 184 patients in intensive care units and 107 patients in ICUs on a ventilator.
- There are more than 10.9 million people fully immunized with two doses, which is 78 per cent of the eligible (12 and older) population.