Sumary of Ontario reports almost 850 new COVID-19 cases, 11 more deaths:
- Ontario is reporting 848 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, the highest count in almost a week.
- The provincial case total now stands at 572, 978. Of the 848 new cases recorded, the data showed 534 were unvaccinated people, 76 were partially vaccinated people, 189 were fully vaccinated people and for 49 people the vaccination status was unknown.
- All other local public health units reported fewer than 45 new cases in the provincial report.
- In addition, the Ontario Ministry of Health said six more deaths occurred more than a month ago due to data cleanup and were also added to the overall total.
- , plant tapped to make mRNA for Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccines View link » Hospitalizations in OntarioOntario reported 361 people in general hospital wards with COVID-19 (down by four from the previous day) with 177 patients in intensive care units (down by seven) and 153 patients in ICUs on a ventilator (down by seven).
- Provincial officials recently announced they would start including the vaccination status of those hospitalized due to COVID-19 as part of their daily COVID-19 data reporting.
- on Thursday, 35,844 vaccines (16,477 for a first shot and 19,367 for a second shot) were administered in the last day.
- Meanwhile, 557,265 Ontario residents were reported to have recovered from COVID-19, which is about 97 per cent of known cases.