Sumary of Organising COVID-19 vaccination regardless of nationality:
- Equality in vaccinationAmid the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Vietnamese Government has always paid attention to and supported foreigners in Vietnam to ensure their normal activities as well as their access to medical care and intensive treatment if needed.
- During the outbreaks of the COVID-19 pandemic, many positive patients have been foreigners who were cured in Vietnam and returned to their homelands safely after treatment, bringing with them a positive impression of a sincere and caring Vietnam.
- In the process of vaccination against COVID-19, foreigners living in Vietnam also enjoy the same policies as Vietnamese citizens.
- The Prime Minister issued a dispatch on September 6 stating that localities need to continue the organisation of free COVID-19 vaccinations for foreigners in their localities just like Vietnamese citizens, ensuring equal access to vaccines, regardless of nationality and form of residence and employment.
- Earlier, at a press conference on June 24, Spokesperson from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Le Thu Hang conveyed the message of the Vietnamese Party and State to the international community that “Vietnam does not discriminate between Vietnamese citizens and foreign citizens living in Vietnam in the process of health care as well as vaccination.
- Foreign citizens will be given favourable conditions for vaccination when Vietnam receives more COVID-19 vaccines.
- Officials and employees of foreign non-governmental organisations perform vaccination procedures at the Central Lung Hospital on July 13 (Photo: Central Lung Hospital) According to Assoc.
- “The deployment of vaccination is very welcomed by international friends,” Nhung noted.