Sumary of P1.5B shabu seized in Cavite:
- Two separate anti-drug operations yielded 228 kilograms of suspected shabu with an estimated street value of P1.5 billion in Imus and Bacoor cities in Cavite Thursday night.
- A separate team held an operation in Barangay Molino 3, Bacoor City where two suspects were killed and 180 kgs.
- of shabu, the operatives also recovered another kilo of shabu worth P600,000 in a separate pack.
- PDEA Director General Wilkins Villanueva, in a statement, claimed the slain suspects opened fire against the operatives during the course of the drug trade transaction, which resulted in an armed encounter that led to their eventual death.
- The twin operations in Cavite came a day after authorities nabbed P3.94 billion worth of crystal meth in Zambales.
- PDEA Calabarzon director Juvenal Azurin affirmed the Bacoor site was used as a stockroom for the Golden Triangle Syndicate.
- Eleazar said the anti-drug operations brought more or less 808 kilograms of shabu the total drug haul as 580 kilos of shabu were confiscated in Zambales and Bataan operations – for a total street value of more than P5.5 billion which was the “biggest drug haul for this year” so far.