Sumary of Paraguay needs additional medical oxygen from Brazil:
- Paraguay needs additional medical oxygen from Brazil Wednesday, June 9th 2021 – 09:42 UTC Full article Abdo needs more oxygen and more people to get vaccinated Abdo insisted that people not going to vaccination centres was a worldwide issue, not just a Paraguayan problem..
- Paraguayan President Mario Abdo Benítez Tuesday reached out to his Brazilian colleague Jair Bolsonaro to negotiate the purchase of medical oxygen above the current quota because it is not enough, according to health authorities..
- After a cabinet meeting on Tuesday, Abdo was briefed on the need for additional supply due to the high level of covid-19 infections in Paraguay..
- Health Minister Julio Borba explained that the current consumption rate was about 180 tons per day and local companies do not have the production capacity to supply the current demand..
- The country’s Ministry of Health has reported another day with more than 130 coronavirus deaths in the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of deaths since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic to more than 10,000..
- Abdo insisted that people not going to vaccination centres was a worldwide issue, not just a Paraguayan problem….