Sumary of Paraguayan lab files for emergency registration of Merck’s C19 pill:
- The Health Ministry official also explained no request had been received from the original developers of the medicine, but only from a national manufacturer requiring an emergency registration.
- Health Minister Julio Borba admitted data on Molnupiravir had been first received almost two weeks ago, after which it was sent to Dinavisa for a more thorough report for a final ruling.
- Getting Molnupiravir on the drug list depends on a number of factors, Borba explained.
- A decision could be reached as early as this week, the minister pointed out.
- Molnupiravir will begin to be administered to Covid patients in the United Kingdom shortly.
- Doctor Carmelo Doldán, a specialist cobsulted by the Asunción daily Última Hora, explained that the antiviral is very similar to Oseltamivir, a drug used to treat influenza.