Sumary of PCAF, amplifier of womens voices in agriculture and fishery industry:
- The study also revealed that women own fewer assets (land, livestock, human capital), and have less access to inputs (seeds, fertilizer, labor, finance) and services (training, insurance,) than men.
- The RA signed into law on August 14, 2009 and established the Philippine government’s pledge of commitment to the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women’s Committee in its 36th Session in 2006 and to the United Nations Human Rights Council on its first Universal Periodic Review in 2009. .
- Currently, there are three NBPC Chairpersons on various commodities and one Regional AFC (RAFC) Chairperson in steering the direction of their respective committees and region.
- All chairpersons are elected by their respective constituents which are then endorsed to the Department of Agriculture (DA) Secretary for confirmation.
- In an interview with Western Visayas RAFC Chairperson Elma Peña, she shared that as a champion of fisheries and agriculture in the region, she is empathic towards the farmers and fisherfolks.