Sumary of Pelosi calls bid to place ‘big lie’ Republicans on Capitol attack panel ‘ridiculous’ – live:
- ” The Biden administration is planning on imposing new sanctions on Cuban officials who are directly linked to human rights violations in the country, according to The Washington Post.
- The measures come as President Biden faces increasing pressure from Congress, activist groups and Cuban Americans to take decisive action in support of the protesters.
- The administration had been making its way toward implementing a new policy toward Cuba that would reverse many of the actions taken by President Donald Trump to restrict travel, trade and other forms of outreach.
- The Biden administration has also looked into taking steps to increasing staffing at its Cuban embassy, according to the Associated Press.
- The House of Representatives just passed legislation increasing the number of Afghan interpreters who have helped U.S. troops to immigrate to the United States.
- com/X2b3EdIf0e July 22, 2021 It’s a move the Biden administration has acted on in increasing urgency.
- Daniel Strauss (@DanielStrauss4) Here’s the OMB Statement of Administration Policy in support of Rep. Jason Crow’s legislation to streamline the Special Immigrant Visas program for Afghans.
- Instead, the measure would in effect stipulate that any Afghan who helped the U.S. government by definition faces retribution, and should be able to apply for a visa.