Sumary of Pharmacies brought forward in jab rollout:
- More than 110 have started administering AstraZeneca jabs across Australia but that is expected to rise to about 470 by the end of the month.
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the expansion slated for September would be brought forward to mid-next month.
- Labor’s health spokesman Mark Butler said pharmacies were supposed to join the rollout in May.
- Mr Morrison said people below the recommended AstraZeneca age of 60 could receive the jab at a pharmacist.
- Pharmacists will be offered the same legal protections as doctors who administer the AstraZeneca vaccine.