Sumary of Pilot in deadly California crash repeatedly warned to climb:
- THE AIR traffic controller repeated the warnings to the pilot more than a half-dozen times.
- An elderly couple suffered burns when their home went up in flames.
- On a recording made by LiveATC, a website that monitors and posts flight communications, an air traffic controller repeatedly warns Das that he needs to climb in altitude.
- } The controller later is heard saying, “It looks like you’re drifting right of course, are you correcting?
- The controller says “I need you to fly,” warning him that he is coming in too low.
- The controller urges him to climb again, and Das says he is ascending.
- I need to make sure you are climbing, not descending,” the controller says.
- “The controller repeatedly urged the plane to climb to 5,000 feet (1,524 meters), and when it remained at 1,500 feet (457 meters), the controller warned: “You appear to be descending again, sir.