Pizza bar worker’s devices seized by cops

Pizza bar worker’s devices seized by cops

Police have seized electronic devices belonging to the man at the centre of South Australia’s COVID-19 lockdown.

The 36-year-old Spanish national may be deported pending the outcome of an investigation by Taskforce Protect.

The medi-hotel worker initially claimed he had caught the virus from a Woodville Pizza Bar pizza box.

media_cameraAdelaide’s lockdown was short-lived after the lie was uncovered. Photo: Kelly Barnes/Getty Images

It sparked fears of widespread community transmission across the state and led to the implementation of a swift, six-day lockdown.

It was wound back on Saturday, three days early, after it was revealed the man was in fact also an employee of the shop.

Commissioner Grant Stevens said investigators spoke to the man on Sunday.

“We have seized some electronic devices from that person and they are being analysed as well,” he said, adding more details should be disclosed on Monday.

media_cameraSouth Australian Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said a team of digital forensic experts and intelligence officers were analysing the man’s electronic devices. Photo: Kelly Barnes/Getty Images

Premier Steven Marshall made the astonishing revelation that SA’s lockdown had been caused by a lie on Friday.

“To say that I am fuming about the actions of this individual is an understatement,” Mr Marshall said.

“The selfish actions of this individual have put our whole state in a very difficult situation.

“His actions have affected businesses, individuals, family groups and it is completely and utterly unacceptable.”

Taskforce Protect is being headed by Assistant Police Commissioner Peter Harvey and is made up of 20 detectives and analysts.…

Want to know more click here go to health news source.



Follow us get Health Tips Update
Close

Health Tips Language