Sumary of Plan to get Sydneysiders back to pubs with vaccine passport trial:
- Catie McLeodNCA NewsWireCamera IconNot Supplied Credit: News Corp AustraliaShare to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the LinkFully vaccinated residents in some parts of Sydney will soon be able to have a drink at a pub as part of a vaccine passport trial.
- People who have had both doses of a Covid-19 vaccine will eventually able to use their Service NSW mobile phone app to prove their inoculation status when checking into venues using QR codes.
- Customer Service Minister Victor Dominello said he and his NSW colleagues were working with the federal government to allow customers to access their Covid-19 vaccination certificate via the Service NSW app.
- “Service NSW and Services Australia are currently finalising the details of the trial,” he told NCA NewsWire.
- ”Camera IconNSW Customer Service Minister Victor Dominello says the government is preparing to launch its vaccine passport trial.
- NCA NewsWire/Joel Carrett Credit: News Corp AustraliaAustralian Hotels Association NSW director John Green said it made sense for the trial to be in an area that was “manageable”.
- We’ve previously worked with Service NSW n terms of checking the QR codes but also digital driver‘s licences,” he said.
- Camera IconA mural of former Prime Minister Bob Hawke has been painted by artist Scottie Marsh at the Hawke's Brewing Co brewery in Marrickville, encouraging the public to get vaccinated so that restrictions can be lifted.