Sumary of PM makes appeal to experts on AstraZeneca:
- But the prime minister insists he is following senior scientists’ advice despite lobbying for changes from the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation.
- Mr Morrison became defensive when asked if the government’s confusing AstraZenca messages led to increased vaccine hesitancy.
- Senior Labor frontbencher Tony Burke said the prime minister risked a perception he was pressuring the expert immunisation panel.
- Mr Burke said independent institutions were critical to public confidence in vaccines.
- “No country has got their pandemic response 100 per cent, I think Australians understand that.