Sumary of PM refuses to link jab numbers to opening:
- “There’s no medical advice that I have received at any point in time which gives a magical number of vaccinations that enable you to provide that level of surety to Australians about when that can occur.”.
- While the federal budget assumed a gradual return to international travel from mid-next year, the government remains circumspect about linking vaccinations to restarting overseas travel..
- State and territory governments have ridden a wave of popularity stemming from border closures and other tough coronavirus prevention measures..
- Elections held during the pandemic in Queensland, Tasmania, the NT and ACT have returned incumbent governments..
- The Australian government doesn’t release daily data about how many people have been fully vaccinated but the figure was about three per cent earlier in the week..
- Australia’s eastern states are on high coronavirus alert after a couple with the disease escaped Melbourne’s lockdown….