Sumary of Pope Francis embarks on prayer ‘marathon’ against COVID-19:
- Pope Francis on Saturday launched a month-long prayer marathon to hasten the end of the coronavirus pandemic with a prayer at St..
- The Argentinian pontiff gave the inaugural rosary prayer to kick off a series which will be streamed live each day this month at 1600 GMT from different Catholic shrines across the world..
- The choice of the rosary prayer comes with May traditionally being the month the Catholic Church dedicates to the Virgin Mary..
- Those participating in the cycle of prayer are urged to pray for an end to the pandemic and for society to return to normal..
- some 16 months after the virus first surfaced in China before swiftly spreading across the globe, killing more than three million to date and wreaking massive economic destruction….