Sumary of Praise and scorn for French Covid-19 conspiracy film ‘Hold-Up’:
- A French documentary that feeds on debunked conspiracy theories about the coronavirus pandemic is stirring up a political and social storm in a country battling to bring the health crisis under control..
- The film, which runs for almost three hours and was financed via crowd-funding, thrives on real-life controversies, such as mixed information that was given by health authorities on the usefulness of wearing a mask..
- « Hold Up » n’est pas un docu, ce n’est pas du journalisme, c’est une propagande complotiste à budget blockbuster ⚠️ Honteusement cautionné par quelques politiques en errance..
- – including the former French health minister Philippe Douste-Blazy, who has since distanced himself from the project..
- In an interview with RMC radio on Monday, Douste-Blazy said he had asked to be removed from Hold-Up because of his opposition to the film three main theses..
- Condemnation Available for purchase online since 11 November, the film has generated huge interest – polarising the French public and drawing broad condemnation from French political ranks, NGOs and others…