Sumary of Public Reaction to Biden Vaccine Push Varied but Strong Across social media, supporters and critics of President Joe Biden’s new plan to boost American vaccine rates offered sharp opinions.:
- Through the new plan, vaccination will be required for roughly two-thirds of the nation’s workforce, or 100 million workers.
- Vaccinating the Unvaccinated More than 175 million Americans are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, but more than 80 million eligible Americans haven’t received a shot.
- Employers with more than 100 employees must require either COVID-19 vaccination or weekly testing for workers.
- The new plan also requires vaccinations for federal workers and millions of contractors of the federal government, as well as vaccine mandates for over 17 million health care workers at hospitals and clinics that participate in Medicare and Medicaid.
- #Unvaccinated— Callan May (@CallanMay1) September 9, 2021 But others are trying to remind people that weekly testing is still an option for many unvaccinated Americans.
- The president’s plan says that boosters will be free and available at more than 80,000 locations across the country, in places like doctors’ offices, pharmacies, and other health centers.
- Dr. Fauci on why Americans who’ve previously been infected should get vaccinated despite studies showing it’s unnecessary: “I don’t have a really firm answer for you on that” pic.
- com/Y1CH2Wh6nk— Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) September 10, 2021 Keeping Schools Safely Open The president’s plan adds new vaccine mandates and school safety measures to ensure a safe, in-person learning environment for students, teachers, and staff.