Sumary of Qld reports one new coronavirus case:
- Marty SilkAAP Camera IconChief Health Officer Jeannette Young says a woman with COVID travelled to Queensland from Victoria..
- AAP Share to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the Link One new coronavirus case has been reported in Queensland after a woman left Victoria with her husband during lockdown and drove to the state’s Sunshine Coast..
- The 44-year-old Melbourne woman tested positive on Wednesday in Caloundra after arriving in Queensland on June 5..
- Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young said the woman’s husband tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday night..
- Dr Young said contact-tracers have now identified 17 of the couple’s close contacts, up from six on Wednesday..
- Three of those contacts have tested negative for coronavirus, including the woman’s parents whom the couple were staying with in Caloundra..
- Dr Young said the outbreak posed less of a risk and the state would not be locking down hospitals or residential aged care and disability care facilities..
- Authorities said the couple left the outskirts of Greater Melbourne on June 1, five days after Victoria went into a snap lockdown….