Sumary of Quebec extends lockdown in 3 cities and brings back 8 p.m. curfew for Montreal, Laval:
- Quebec Premier François Legault announced an extension of emergency measures in Gatineau, Lévis, Quebec City and Beauce after a spike in new COVID-19 cases..
- Of 1,609 new cases, Quebec City registered the biggest jump with 436 infections reported on Thursday, almost double the 250 cases recorded on Wednesday..
- Non-essential businesses and schools have been closed in Quebec City, Lévis and Gatineau since last week, and the overnight curfew in those cities was moved ahead to 8 p.m..
- Legault said that while the area had not seen an explosion of cases, the high population density makes it more vulnerable in terms of the virus spreading more easily..
- Montrealers over 55 line up for AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine Legault said the Eastern Townships could be bumped up from an orange zone to the maximum alert level if the number of cases continues to increase…