Sumary of Quebec tops 1,600 new cases as third COVID-19 wave deepens:
- Quebec is continuing to see a rise in COVID-19 infections after the province reported 1,609 new cases Thursday..
- It is the highest number of new daily cases recorded since at least January, at the peak of the second wave of the health crisis..
- Montrealers over 55 line up for AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine When it comes to vaccinations, 47,769 shots were given Wednesday..
- The government has now expanded its inoculation campaign to include essential workers and those with chronic illnesses in Montreal..
- The minimum age requirement has been lowered to 60 while anyone who is 55 and older can go to a walk-in clinic for an AstraZeneca vaccine….