Sumary of Queensland border shuts one day after rest of NRL contingent arrives in Sunshine State:
- Queensland’s decision to slam the border shut to NSW has come under fire after social media users noted the announcement came just one day after the remaining NRL contingent arrived in the state.
- Acting Premier Steven Miles announced as of 1am on Friday, due to the worsening Covid-19 situation in the southern state, NSW residents would be barred from entering Queensland unless they had an exemption.
- Players from 12 NRL teams, including nine from Sydney, were relocated to dedicated hubs in Queensland via charter flights last week to play out the rest of the season.
- Camera IconSydney NRL wives, partners and families were given the green light to leave Sydney for a dedicated NRL bubble.
- Angry Twitter users have slammed the Queensland government for their “double standards”.
- Camera IconThe Queensland Government has been slammed for its hypocrisy over closing the state’s borders after allowing the NRL contingency in.
- Camera IconActing Queensland Premier Steven Miles and chief health officer Jeannette Young have come under fire for the timing of the state’s border closure.
- The families were originally due to travel to Queensland last Saturday, but many of the scheduled flights were cancelled due to the worsening Covid-19 outbreak in Greater Sydney.