Sumary of Regions on alert as Vic cases soar:
- Just a day after most of regional Victoria came out of lockdown, new Covid-19 exposure sites have been listed in several towns.
- Just a day after most of regional Victoria came out of lockdown, new locations were listed a long way from Melbourne.
- A staff member at a cafe in Daylesford, about 100km north-west of Melbourne, worked while infectious on September 7.There are two more exposure sites in the town, a cafe and medical centre.
- Victoria’s Covid-19 commander Jeroen Weimar on Friday said it was likely the driver contracted the virus from exposure though passengers living in Melbourne high-risk western suburbs.
- Four cases were in regional local government areas but all cases were linked to metropolitan Melbourne.