Sumary of Russia-Philippines diplomatic relations strengthen in various fields:
- Secretary Galvez, Russian Ambassador Marat Pavlov and Special Envoy of President on Russian Affairs Ms Olivia Limpe-Aw meet the fourth batch of Russian “Sputnik V”.
- The Russian Federation (the successor state to USSR) and the Republic of the Philippines established official relations on June 2, 1976 during the visit of Ferdinand Marcos, then President of the Philippines, to Moscow..
- In 19th century Russian merchant ships called the port of Manila and well-known Russian navigators Vasiliy Golovnin and Fedor Litke, as well as explorer and ethnographer Nicholas Miklouho-Maclay visited Luzon..
- interagency agreements, memorandums of understanding and intent in the field of trade and industry, energy, defense, science, culture, education, information and communications technology, cyber security, intellectual property..
- In 2020 the Russian-Philippine trade turnover reached $931.4 billion including Russian export – $ 527.9 million and import from the Philippines – 403.5 million..
- Russia can increase the supply of wheat grain, poultry and by further opening a local market for wheat flour, beef, pork, candies..
- The energy collaboration has a huge potential as the Russian companies are very competitive in exporting coal, crude oil and oil products, LNG to global market..
- This cooperation will boost R&D capacity of the Philippines in medicine as well as strengthen export capabilities of local farmers….