Sumary of San Juan students, teachers adapt well to learn-from-home environment with Converge:
- The San Juan City local government partnered with leading fiber broadband provider Converge ICT Solutions Inc. to help students, families and educators in the city adapt to the learn-from-home environment amid mobility restrictions during the pandemic.
- The result is the activation of free fiber optic connectivity to the digital learning platforms for over 12,000 public school students in 6,000 households.
- Through this partnership, students and educators may access the Learning Management System in three different platforms, namely the DepEd Commons which is a database of learning modules;
- Makabagong San Juan Learning Management System, San Juan’s dedicated learning portal;
- and the chat facility called Makabagong San Juan Learning Communication System.
- These platforms allow students and teachers to experience a better and seamless learning through lectures, exams and overall coordination.
- Sheila Mariano shows a sample of a house to her students during distance learning using the LMS app.
- CONTRIBUTED PHOTOS Over a month after the system powered by Converge’s free intranet connection was launched, several students and teachers shared their experiences with the all-in-one app and how it has changed their everyday learning.