Sumary of Scott Morrison ‘sorry’ vaccine rollout targets missed:
- Scott Morrison has apologised for the vaccine rollout not meeting its targets but insists some of the issues were out of his control.
- Mr Morrison said some things were within the government’s control but others weren’t.
- The rollout started almost five months ago but the government has been forced to dump multiple targets it set for itself, including completing the program by October.
- Camera IconScott Morrison has issued an apology for the coronavirus vaccine rollout missing key targets.
- Credit: AAPFormer cabinet minister Darren Chester was the first federal government MP to issue an apology, hours before Mr Morrison.
- “I humbly apologise and commit to keep working with my great staff to improve the rollout in Gippsland and across Australia.
- ”Mr Chester said media focusing on the tiny number of adverse reactions to AstraZeneca had damaged the vaccine’s reputation.
- RELATED:VACCINE WALK-INS TO BE OFFERED AT THE ROYAL SHOWWA CLOSES SA BORDERMr Morrison continues to challenge the nation’s expert immunisation panel to reconsider advice which recommends AstraZeneca only for over-60s.