Sumary of Sinovac Biotech’s COVID-19 vaccine candidate triggers immune response:
- As the world grapples with the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, scientists are racing to develop an effective and safe vaccine against the causative agent, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)..
- In phase 1, the 144 participants were divided into two vaccination groups during screening – the days 0 and 14 vaccination cohort and the days 0 and 28 vaccination cohort..
- The scientists then randomly assigned the participants with a block size of five to receive two doses of either a low-dose CoronaVac, a high-dose CoronaVac, or a placebo..
- Adverse reactions In the phase 1 trial, seven participants in the first cohort and nine participants in the second experienced adverse reactions..
- About 33 percent in the low-dose group and 35 percent in the high-dose group reported unwanted reactions in the second phase of the vaccine trial….