Sumary of Some NSW regions to come out of lockdown:
- Premier Gladys Berejiklian said on Thursday the areas enjoying new freedoms from the weekend will still have some restrictions “to make sure we limit the spread of disease in our regional communities”.
- In the areas where stay-at-home orders have been lifted, hospitality venues and shops, hairdressing and nail salons can reopen with restrictions.
- Up to to five people will be allowed in a home and up to 20 can gather outdoors.
- However, Deputy Premier John Barilaro warned stay-at -home orders could return if even one new local COVID-19 case was recorded.
- Mr Barilaro said people there could return to shopping, working and enjoying time with family and friends albeit with restrictions.
- “There were dozens of cases of the virus recorded in regional NSW in the 24-hours until 8pm on Wednesday, with cases increasing significantly in the Illawarra Shoalhaven and Central Coast and NSW Chief Medical Officer Kerry Chant urged people there to get tested and vaccinated.