Sumary of Spain limits AZ vaccine to over-60s:
- EPA Share to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the Link Spain will only give AstraZeneca’s coronavirus vaccine to people over 60 years old after European and British regulators found a potential link between the shot and rare brain blood clots..
- Health Minister Carolina Darias told a news conference late on Wednesday following a meeting of regional health chiefs..
- Darias said a decision would be taken on Thursday on whether to administer the second round of the vaccine to people who had already received their first dose..
- The European Medicines Agency announced earlier it had reports of 169 cases of the rare clotting disorder out of 34 million doses administered within Europe, roughly one for every 100,000 people under 60 vaccinated..
- A summit of European Union health ministers failed to agree on common guidance for the vaccine and the EMA said countries should set their own regulations…