Sumary of Spike in life-saving drug prices irks consumers:
- Ravinder Sood Palampur, September 10 A sudden spike in the prices of life-saving drugs has hit the common man.
- Most pharmaceutical companies, on the pretext of Covid, have increased the prices of medicines by 20 per cent to 50 per cent.
- The prices of medicines used for hypertension, diabetes and common gastro diseases have touched a new high in the past three months.
- The prices of antibiotics used in the treatment of coronavirus have almost doubled.
- The Essential Commodity Price Control Act is also applicable in the state and all types of drugs are covered under it.