Sumary of States draft future lockdown support model:
- Nationally consistent payments for Australian businesses losing money in future lockdowns are to be put before next month’s national cabinet meeting to be chaired by Prime Minister Scott Morrison..
- Mr Frydenberg met with state and territory counterparts on Friday and Reserve Bank governor Philip Lowe briefed the nation’s treasurers..
- The state recorded no new cases of community transmission on Friday, though Chief Health Officer Brett Sutton said the coming week “probably won’t be all zero cases”..
- Virus testing rates in some areas of Melbourne are lower than health authorities would like, despite 17,000 braving heavy wind and rain to get tested the day before..
- Meanwhile, medical experts have reassured Australians about vaccine safety after the death of a 52-year-old woman….