Sumary of StatsCan employees to help with Saskatchewan testing, contact tracing amid redeployment:
- The province health minister, Paul Merriman, said Thursday afternoon while announcing the additional resources..
- On Tuesday, the province chief medical health officer noted more and more infections have no known exposure and each person testing positive had an average of five to eight contacts..
- The Saskatchewan Health Authority (SHA) has been expanding its testing capacity and now has sites in 52 communities..
- 1:07 How drive-thru coronavirus testing will work in Saskatchewan How drive-thru coronavirus testing will work in Saskatchewan – Sep 9, 2020 As of Thursday, 307,264 COVID-19 tests had been processed in the province, 2,004 of them on Wednesday..
- In addition to the 18 GeneXpert testing sites, which offer preliminary results within hours, the health minister said the SHA is introducing rapid point-of-care testing..
- Merriman said the new method will be best used on asymptomatic patients in hospitals and long-term care homes and will up the system existing capacity by 640 tests per day….