Sumary of Study measures the impact of stigma and discrimination on positive COVID-19 diagnosis:
- Stigma and discrimination linked to a positive COVID-19 diagnosis are the subjects of research being conducted by a multidisciplinary University of Queensland team.
- Health justice specialist Dr Claire Brolan of UQ’s School of Public Health and the Centre for Policy Futures will lead the topical investigation, which has close-to-home relevance for the university community.
- “Given there was a recent COVID hotspot in the suburbs surrounding UQ, there’s a strong chance some of our staff or students will be able to offer first-hand accounts,” Dr Brolan said.
- Related Stories”How did their experiences impact on their ability to access timely health services and support?
- ” All research findings will be stored on an anonymous basis and collated into a policy brief for the Queensland Human Rights Commission and Queensland Health.
- Research data will also form the basis of a scientific journal paper.
- The research team has spent months working to stringent UQ research ethical guidelines in order to have the project approved.