Sumary of Sydneysiders on Covid alert:
- A new Covid warning has been issued following the discovery of coronavirus fragments in a Sydney wastewater sewerage system..
- NSW Health has identified more than 300 contacts linked to the infectious Victorian couple who escaped lockdown, with Sydneysiders put on Covid-19 alert following virus fragments found in sewage..
- Traces of coronavirus have been found in the Castle Hill sewerage network, the second recent detection of viral fragments in the catchment in four days, NSW Health said in a statement..
- “People who have recently recovered from Covid-19 can continue to shed virus fragments into the sewerage system for several weeks, even after they are no longer infectious,”.
- “However, NSW Health is asking everyone in these areas to be especially vigilant in monitoring for symptoms, and if they appear, get tested and isolate immediately until a negative result is received.”.
- The fragment findings come as NSW Health contact tracers scramble to find anyone who visited a number of exposure sites attended by the two Victorians last week….