Sumary of The Last Mile: Overcoming COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy:
- There is light at the end of the pandemic tunnel in the US, thanks to the rapid development and efficient distribution of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines..
- COVID-19 test positivity rates, hospitalizations, and deaths have fallen to levels not seen in more than a year..
- We have plenty of reasons to rejoice, but a lingering and frustrating impediment to attaining nationwide herd immunity persists—continued vaccine hesitancy fueled by misinformation, especially among particular segments of the US population..
- Promoting Prevention Measures and Vaccine Confidence, made an important distinction between those taking a “wait and see”.
- a sizable subset most likely to respond to efforts to educate and motivate, shifting from hesitancy to acceptance..
- The NFID report cited the Kaiser Family Foundation tracker of public opinion on vaccines in initially identifying Black and Hispanic populations as falling under this “wait and see”.
- Noting that young adults age 18-29 years and political independents are also over-represented among the “wait and see”.
- holdouts, F2FA has focused on the power of storytelling as a key to tapping common motivators across disparate groups of skeptics, each having their own unique reasons for distrusting the vaccine….