Sumary of The Latest: Pakistan’s cases rise amid large gatherings:
- — Pope Francis has urged young economists, entrepreneurs and business leaders to promote post-pandemic development models that involve the poor..
- TOKYO — The daily tally of reported COVID-19 cases in Japan hit a record for the fourth day in a row, with 2,508 people confirmed infected, the health ministry said Sunday..
- Statewide, the Texas health department on Saturday reported a one-day high of 12,597 new virus cases, nearly 20,500 dead since the pandemic began and more than 8,200 virus hospitalizations..
- On Saturday, the Oregon Health Authority said there were 1,509 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 infections, spread across all but four of the state 36 counties, with the majority in the Portland metro area..
- Among the seven new deaths being reported Saturday, all were in their 70s or 80s, and either had or were suspected of having underlying health conditions..
- The government recently put the majority of Italy regions under new restrictions, including banning dining at cafes and restaurants in areas where the health care system risked collapse….